Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mushroom tacos

This is the best recipe for non-meat tacos. I would normally say vegetarian but I cannot call tacos vegetarian, no no, it just doesn't feel right. I do love vegetables, a lot, but tacos are all about meat. Just not these tacos.

Anyway, I found the recipe in this book and have only changed the way of cooking the mushroom filling. Just to make sure that all flavours develop nicely I added other ingredients to the mushrooms one at the time and not all at once as the book suggests.

Mushroom tacos
500 gr mushrooms, any type you like, cut in smaller pieces
1\2 dl olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely diced
3 small onions (mild type, I used shallot), finely diced
2 tbsp dry white wine
2 medium tomatoes, diced
2 jalapeños, discard white pith, core, seeds and dice finely
1 dl coriander, chopped
salt
corn tortillas

Heat the oil and add mushrooms. Fry until they loose their water, add garlic, onion and chili. Cook until mushroom and onions get bit of colour. Add tomatoes and wine. Cook another 2-3 minutes. Add coriander and salt. Serve in hot corn tortillas.

No comments: