Monday, November 16, 2009

Big pancake

I have been curious about the recipe for "big pancake" since I saw the recipe last winter at The Kitchen. It looked like a tasty addition to the weekend breakfast. I have tried making the pancake with 2 eggs (left) and 4 eggs (right), keeping the amount of milk and flour the same (1/2 cup).













And my boyfriend and I though that the pancake made with 2 eggs is best eaten with sweet things and the one made with 4 eggs with savoury things like cheese and salami as it is more eggy. So feel free to experiment! I also use clarified butter as the temperature is quite high and I do not fancy burnt butter.

Big pancake
recipe from The Kitchen
serves 2
2 eggs (or 4 if you like eggy-texture)
1 dl + 1 tbsp + 1 tsp flour (1/2 cup)
1 dl + 1 tbsp + 1 tsp milk (1/2 cup)
pinch of salt
2 tbsp clarified butter
a well seasoned cast iron pan, 22 cm

Whisk eggs and milk and add slowly to flour and salt. Avoid lumps. Put the cast iron pan in the oven and turn on 220 C. When oven is preheated add 2 tbsp clarified butter to the pan and return to the oven to melt. When melted take out the pan and swirl so that the butter coats all the sides. Pour in the batter, return to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.

No comments: