Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Berry pudding

 
As the berry season is at its peak I needed a new berry recipe. I found couple of different recipes for the ”Summer pudding” on BBCs Good Food but I really didn’t follow any of them. I just got an idea how it should be and then I made 3 individual puddings. Next time I think I will add a vanilla bean and instead of bread loaf use brioche.


 



Berry pudding
500 g different berries (I had blackberries, red currants, blueberries, strawberries and bilberries, on the picture)
½ dl water
as much sugar as u like
3 slices white bread (one day old)
3 tea cups (mine hold 2,5 dl and have 4 cm in diameter)


Put sugar and water in a pot and cook on medium high until sugar is dissolved. Add strawberries and blueberries and cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the rest of the berries and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside to cool down a bit.

Line the tea cups with cling film, leaving an overhang. Cut the crusts of the bread and cut out a circle of each slice. The circle should be big enough to cover the base of the tea cups. When you have 3 circles cut the rest of the bread into smaller cubes.

Put some of the berry juice in a separate bowl. Dip the bread circles in this juice and place on the bottom of the tea cup. Cover with a bit of berries. Now dip the bread-cubes in the juice, they do not need to be soaked completely and fill the cups mixing berries and bread-cubes. Cover with cling film and put something a bit heavy on the top. I had a 100 g tuna can on the top of each cup. Let chill in the fridge for about 4 hours. Invert on a plate and serve with some more fresh berries and maybe some whipped cream.




1 comment:

Patricia Scarpin said...

Mila, your berry puddings look so adorable and delicious!